AUSTRALIAN OUTSOURCE DESK PRIVACY STATEMENT
We know your personal information is important to you and it is also important to aodesk.com.au. This Privacy Statement tells you what we use your personal information for and explains your rights around how we use it.
At AODESK we value how important personal information is to our customers. We have created a Privacy Statement that details what we use your personal information for and what your rights are about how we use your personal information.
We ask that you review our Privacy Statement to understand how and why we use your personal information.
If you give us personal information about someone else, you must have their permission. They also should be aware of this Privacy Statement as it also applies to them.
For the purposes of the applicable data protection legislation, aodesk.com.au is the data controller. You will find our contact details in the “Contact us” section below.
The Information We Gather – Details:
We may collect and process the following categories of data:
Information you give us
- Full Name
- E-mail address
- Telephone numbers
- Payment details
- Business address
- Job title
We may also process other information, which is not personal.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU. WE WILL USE THIS INFORMATION:
- to administer our products and services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our products and services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
- as part of our efforts to keep our products and services safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing and product information we serve to you and others, and to help deliver the most relevant information to you;
We must have lawful bases to collect and use your personal information, the below sets these out:.
Needed for your contract. Personal information about you and other users registered to under the same subscription plan is held and used to:
- provide you with a quote;
- provide you with information about the product or service;
- receive payment;
- provide customer care and service;
Required by law: We use your personal information to comply with any law and regulations where we are required to do so.
OUR LEGITIMATE INTEREST:
We use your personal information for our legitimate interests as shown below. We have taken account of any privacy risks and ensured that your data protection rights are not affected. We believe these uses benefit our customers. You can contact us if you have any questions using the contact details privacy at aodesk.com.au
o Training: for customer service training and compliance purposes. We let you know if a call is being recorded at the start of the call, so you can decide whether to continue with the call or not;
o Statistical Analysis: we combine and group personal information for analysis to help us understand our customers and develop better products and services;
With your consent: For certain of our uses, we rely on your consent to collect and use your personal information. You are given the choice to provide consent or not. When we collect your consent, we explain what we need it for and how you can change your mind in the future.
PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED WITH:
- Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you.
- Communication companies that require the data to select and serve relevant marketing information to you and others.
- Third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting
- Data storage partners and who provide virtual infrastructure
- Partners who provide payment processing facilities on our behalf
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our products or services.
If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under close instruction from us, including policies and procedures designed to protect your information
DATA RETENTION PERIODS
It is our aim to only hold your data for as long as this is necessary. While you continue as a customer with us we will retain your data as detailed above in this statement. The retention period will be 24 months from the date of termination of our terms of service. We have a high number of customers who re-engage with our service after a period of absence from the end of their contract. This retention period allows for the data to be reused where necessary. However, you can request that your Data is deleted at any time within this period. We will respond to your request and complete the full deletion within 30 days.
Specific legal periods are in place for payments details, tax and invoicing data, and this would be retained in accordance with the law (which is currently six years).
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access and use
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is also not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorized access.
WHERE YOUR DATA IS STORED
Electronic files are stored on secure servers or in the cloud. We use cloud solutions for web hosting or proprietary software solutions delivered through the Cloud. Your data will not be transferred between our servers without your permission.
- Provide you with information as to whether we process your data and details relating to our processing, and that we provide you with a copy of your data (‘access right’).
- Rectify and/ or update any inaccurate data we might have about you without undue delay (‘right to rectification’).;
- The right to object to the processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
- Under certain circumstances, be restricted from processing your data (‘right to restriction’).
- Under certain circumstances, erase your personal data without undue delay (i.e. the “right to erasure”). and under certain circumstances, furnish you with the personal data which you provided us within a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (‘right to data portability’).
Where we process your data solely based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission at any time.
The exercise of your rights might be subject to certain conditions and we might require further information from you before we can respond to your request.
You may exercise your rights by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the address or e-mail address provided below.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We reserve the right to change this Statement from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will publish those changes on our website. At the bottom of this document, you will find the date on which this Statement was last updated.
Questions, comments, requests, and complaints regarding this Statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to us at [email protected]. We endeavor to deal with all requests promptly and efficiently.